This focused issue on “Current Status of Colorectal Cancer Surgery” is edited by Dr. Ker Kan Tan, MBBS, from Division of Colorectal Surgery, University Surgical Cluster, National University Hospital, Singapore.
Dr. Tan graduated from the medical school at the National University of Singapore and then completed his advanced training in General Surgery. He subsequently obtained his Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (General Surgery) in Hong Kong and was accorded Specialist accreditation in General Surgery by Ministry of Health, Singapore in the same year.
Focused issue outline:
- Introduce to this focused issue
Ker Kan Tan, Division of Colorectal Surgery, University Surgical Cluster, National University Hospital, Singapore
- Genomics and metagenomics of colorectal cancer
Sunny H. Wong, Institute of Digestive Disease, State Key Laboratory of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine & Therapeutics and LKS Institute of Health Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Endoscopic stenting in colorectal cancer
Tian-Zhi Lim, National University Health System, Singapore
- Making sense of adjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal cancer
Cheng-Ean Chee, National University Cancer Institute, Singapore
- Transanal total mesorectal excision for rectal cancer: hype or new hope?
Chien-Chih Chen, School of Medicine, National Yang-Ming University, Department of Surgery, Division of Colorectal Surgery, Koo Foundation Sun Yat-Sen Cancer Center, Taipei
- Diagnostic and management strategies for lateral pelvic lymph nodes in low rectal cancer – a review of the evidence
Takashi Akiyoshi, Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Cancer Institute Hospital of Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Tokyo
- Pelvic exenteration for locally advanced and recurrent rectal cancer – how much more?
Peter Lee, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney
- Complete mesocolic excision for colon cancer: is it worth it?
Frederick Koh, Division of Colorectal Surgery, University Surgical Cluster, National University Health System, Singapore
- Robotic surgery in colorectal cancer: the way forward or a passing fad
Seon-Hahn Kim, Division of Colorectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, South Korea University Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul
- Management of anastomotic leakage after rectal surgery- a review article
William Tzu-Liang Chen, Division of Colorectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung
- Radiation therapy for rectal cancer
Jeremy Tey, Department of Radiation Oncology, National Cancer Institue of Singapore, National University Hospital, Singapore
- Status of cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis from colorectal cancer
Byung Soh Min, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul
- Managing elderly with colorectal cancer
Tan Kok Yang, Department of Surgery, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Singapore